Moses celebrated his fourth birthday this month! This little guy has a special place in my heart, maybe because we spent the first four days of his life together, or maybe because we share many of the same personality traits. If you know him you’ll agree, he is just easy to love!!
I was with my sister, Steffanie, four years ago as she labored more than 23 hours before having a c-section. (Yeah, she’s amazing! Please give her a big hug next time you see her!) I was ready to follow her into the OR, but there wasn’t enough space. Instead, I stayed in her room on my knees praying through Joshua chapter 1:
5 No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
7 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
I sensed God’s presence so closely that day. I knew He was with me. I knew He was in the waiting room with the rest of our family. I knew He was with Steff and baby Moses!
Moses, at four years old you:
- Look up to your big cousin Gabe, and love to have dance parties with him at Mamo and Papa’s house.
- But sometimes get frustrated when you can’t find the right song and say, “Awexa isn’t whistening to me!” (Alexa isn’t listening to me!)
- You ask Aunt Chels for candy canes every time you see her no matter what month it is. And she always has a handful of them for you! We are definitely Christmas in July birthday buddies!
- You love cupcakes! Especially lemon bundt cupcakes.
- You love to snuggle, but really just with your momma! Sometimes you’ll refuse to give hugs, but laugh about it with your ornery smile!
I’m often reminded of God’s promise, “As I was with Moses, so I will be with you.” He was definitely with our baby Moses that day, and I can’t wait to see the Lord’s plans unfold in his life!
Happy birthday, Mosey Posey!